Coffee at KERR (since 2011)
Louise Lincoln Kerr was a composer, violist and patron of the arts. She was often called The Grand Lady of Arizona Music, and was inducted into the Arizona Womens Hall of Fame in 2004.
Her five-room house in Scottsdale, Arizona was built in 1948, and the studio in 1959 as a performance hall. Both buildings are natural adobe bricks made and dried on the property. The doors were hand-carved out of sugar pine by a Tucson artist Charles W. Bolsius.
Before her death in 1977, she willed two acres and the buildings to Arizona State University's College of Fine Arts. Since October 1981, the Kerr Cultural Center has been managed by ASU Gammage. On April 14, 2010 the ASU Kerr Cultural Center was officially entered into the National Register of Historic Places.